Salad in a jar that’s what!
As we say good bye to winter, shedding our coats and sweaters we are swapping warm and hearty foods for light and fresh foods! What comes to mind first for me is the crisp taste and colorful hues of a fresh garden salad! Farmers markets will soon be featuring loads of fresh veggies and fruits and don’t be afraid to throw nuts or other crunchy things in there! A great way to take a salad to work is in a jar. You can make several in advance and grab and go!
Let’s get started!
- Start with a clean mason jar or any glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- You want to layer your ingredients. Wet ingredients on bottom with dressing.
- Next, add moisture-resistant veggies, like carrots for example, on top of that.
- Last of all, top with the protein of your choice and any “dry ingredients” such as greens, pasta and any crunchies.
- Store in the fridge until lunchtime, then shake and eat and enjoy! It’s that simple